Searchin'

 Searchin'

(From my first visit into the psych ward) 

Well Im searchin for the something
I just cant seem to find 
like a word you want to say
that just won't come to mind

I been on so many travels 
I seem to have lost my home
but each time I settle down 
all I want to do is roam

My friends have lost their faith
but I keep findin mine
when I start to kickin myself 
I start searching for a sign

a sign to tell me something 
or the next place I should go 
should I go back to hawaii 
or some place covered in snow

But what I have forgotten
and it seems so many have
for what I need Ive got in
this heart and mind I have

You never need to travel 
or roam these vast lands
for what you want to unravel 
is in your very hands

so continue your learnin 
that you never got in school 
and that knowledge get to earnin 
so you don't die a fool

You see these crazy people
they are just like you and me 
but their awareness is to great 
for our current societry 

they try to tell you stories
what lessons they can teach
but if you write it off as babble 
enlightenment you wont reach

So dont you stop your searchin
on account of me 
cause i will keep on urging 
for you all to be free

so go and find your ember 
& allow that flame to grow
hopefully by next september 
your ember will start to glow

Now use that flame you have
to help it guide your way 
help others find their ember
but never should you say 

My light is the light to follow 
your embers arent as bright 
only I can guide you 
Through this dreary night 

for once you had just an ember
same as mine or theirs
please do always remember 
for others & your heirs

We must all find these embers 
we must coax our own to grow 
for then and only then 
will our lights begin start to show 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going Home

Just Kids

What Happened What's NextWhat the Hell is Mania