Going Home

 Its been a long journey 
a long strange trip 
I could use a cig
or just a lip of dip 

my travels were a plenty 
my wallet is a empty
so many friends made
so many plans laid 

I cant wait to settle 
I sure need the rest
got real paranoid for a bit
thought it was some big test

I hope they accept me
different as I am now 
I hope I accept them
seeing as I am a man now 

they will never understand 
how could they even try
i tried to pierce my ears
get a tattoo on my thigh

I just wanted to be different 
wrote my name in the sand
but it all washed away 
was left with no plan 

so i went to seek help
my olive branch to you
listening to crazies yelp 
always some plan to sue

for my baby is coming 
and they treat me like shit 
or the gove is gonna kill me 
yeah theyre plannin a hit 

no pride left to stand on 
so I will take your shot
but im scare of the outside
or maybe just the thought 

I sure hope they'll accept me
coming back black and blue
i hope they wont neglect me
or like the iraqi ill throw a shoe

I didnt mean for it to happen 
but the past is done and through 
so lets practice some forgiveness 
ill be me & you be you

For I am going home today
without a bed in which to lay
without a dollar in which to pay
without words worth a say 

Comments

  1. You be you Nick. Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter won't mind.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just Kids

What Happened What's NextWhat the Hell is Mania